domingo, 4 de março de 2012

Listen



According to an interview published by the NYT, “At the age of 14, inspired by Gene Krupa, [Max Neuhaus], wanted to be the best drummer in the world.” When I was around that age I wanted to be just like Max Neuhaus. I was fascinated by his musical personality and later became inspired by his interest in the sounds of the environment. His ideas about the spatial quality of sound – a subject that continues to fascinate me – also drew my attention.

Long before I joined ranks with the group led by R. Murray Schafer – the group which started the new area of soundscape studies – it was people like Max Neuhaus that, without me even noticing it, quietly drove me into those sonic realities.

Speaking of Neuhaus, listen to this great 1960 interview...


 

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário